Monday, December 29, 2008

This Is Me, Terry Davitt

I was looking for something in the closet today and found all the Davitt albums...and a ton of loose photos. My sister, Pat, and I have discussed labeling them--someday.

My nephew, Max, has been recently asking about my dad. It made me realize that no one has the sense of Digger that his own kids do. So I thought I'd jot some stuff down.

Ralph G. Davitt
Born in 1916
Grew up in the Bronx
Attended Regis High School
Joined the Army Air Corps
Earned the nickname "Digger" on the golf course. (Double Divot Diggin' Digger Davitt)
He loved the nickname and all of his friends and grandchildren knew him as Digger.
I loved my dad.

2 comments:

pat said...

Anybody know the story of how he joined the Army Air Corps?

Derek Burdette said...

Terry, thank you so much for doing this! What good fun its going to be to hear all the stories.